Total Pageviews

Tuesday 26 June 2012

Dawn

Good morning! The words that go through my mind the most in the mornings are:


Holy, holy, holy Lord God Almighty
Early in the morning my song shall rise to thee!

For me morning is the best part of the day. In the morning the day is brand new, the air seems fresher, the world cleaner so it is almost natural that I think of the creator. But I must confess that too often I see prayer and bible reading as a chore. Recently I had a little revelation, probably not a new one to most of you (it's not really new to me, I'm just a little thick sometimes). During one of my morning devotions it came to me like a flash, prayer is not a chore! It is an amazing blessing, a gift without rival. We get to commune with God, the creator of the universe, the all knowing one, the one whose love surpasses all others. Not only do we get to enter this place of intimacy but God wants us to. The Lord wants to have an intimate friendship with us, it is why he made us and prayer is the means by which we can spend uninterrupted time with him. If you are like me my most precious moments with loved ones are not when they are doing tasks for me or bringing me gifts but when we sit down together and spend time talking, listening and enjoying each others company. This is what prayer is meant to be a time for the Lord and his children to enjoy each other's company.

This morning I was reading Philippians 3:1-11 & this quote stood out for me:

"I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord." Phil 3:8a


No comments:

Post a Comment